Re: Need Help Seeking Older Player

Hey Steve - As popular as the name Johnson is, the Celts have
only had three of  'em - Dennis, Joe, and Rich.

Rich was a 6 ft. 9 inch forward out of Grambling who played
briefly with the Celts from  '68-69 to '70-71.  His jersey
read #26.

Jim Ard was #34 from 1974-78.

As for the '68-69 season, we won the championship that
year and players Bill Russell and Sam Jones retired.

Russell would go on to say,  "We had more material in other years.
But no team ever had more guts than that one."