OB a bad coach..haha.

> Yes OB gets the accolades for getting this team to where it is. Can he
> actually coach? Who knows at this point. OB didn't miss 17/22 against
> Houston late in the game. Several posters seem to show his weaknesses
> especially in late game decisions. If indeed OB had no or little weight
> with
> Wallace picking the players then so be it. Wallace is the culprit. Most
> would conclude this team of Pierce and Walker along with some accomplished
> players could compete for another banner. With management spinning it's
> wheels and the clock ticking it doesn't look promising now. It seems no
> matter how hard they tried to screw this team up, they continue to look
> respectable.

Let me say..that I don't like OB as a coach.. In fact I rather despise him.

But the idea that he isn't a good one is far fetched. Only the Pistons coach
has done more with less.

The Celts have only one great player Paul Pierce, and one good but flawed
player..
Thats it. They have some somewhat talented players in Walter, Battie and
Brown...
But other teams have entire rosters composed of somewhat talented
players...like Portland and the Kings. The 10th man on those team would
probably start for ours..

Other teams have several good players...(Indiana) or a great player and
several good players (Bucks, Portland.) The Celts outside of Pierce probably
have the worst talent in the league.. And yet the Celts will make the
playoffs and perhaps go far in them.  And no most don't think that Walker and
Pierce plus another player could compete for a championship..unless that
other player is of the Kevin Garnett level. <g>

OB is not a bad coach.

The problem with OB is his style. The guy is a "system" guy...and yes his
system does WORK. With the right players he will continue to win, and win
eventually win even more. He wants athletic centers who can block shots,
athletes who can play defense and most importantly three point shooters..
That is his system.

I don't think Walker is to blame for this system..its OB's baby. Rick always
had his 'system" a pressing defense combined with great athletes.. And OB has
his...three point shooting.

The media does like it, I don't like it.. Its ugly to watch. But it works..
Its very much like the Jeff Van Gundy Knicks... OB isn't going anywhere
unless the Celts start losing.

Pete