conflict?

Has the Globe ever done an article on the conflict between O'Brien and Wallace?  I sense it's there; many of you have alluded to it.  Seems like it's no secret.  I first sensed it the night of the first insane trade--of Joe Johnson.  Wallace was sitting in the stands with a look of complete depression.  I felt that he did not want that trade at all.  Of course, neither did I, so I wonder if I was projecting a bit.

Then, the second insanity, Vinsanity.  I can't see O'Brien doing that and his subsequent actions prove he doesn't want Vin out there.  Is one trying to destroy the other?  Does Wallace have the authority to fire O'Brien?  I bet not.  So, is O'Brien trying to get rid of Wallace?  It sure looks like it.

I see the major weakness as being our almost complete failure to develop a bench.  Bremer is acceptable because he does defense well and he shoots the three ok.  I don't think we have much of a chance down the stretch without Vin and Kedrick, and I no longer think they will get a shot.  So, I share Wallace's depression.  Still, he preferred Wylkowski to Songaila; go figure.

We're just good enough to warrant a reprieve for O'Brien, maybe Wallace, too.  Of the two, I think Wallace has the ability to do his job well and for whatever reason has been unable.  O'Brien won't discipline Walker and thus can't make us a better team.

Cheers, Gene