Restructure contract?

From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
<snip>
Now, if they use it, they spend $10 million for what
really is a $5 million player. You're right that the
owners still could do that, but it's a lot less
likely, don't you think?
<end snip>

Last week, I think it was some guy playing for Tampa
Bay (Keyshawn Johnson perhaps) said he was interested
in restructuring his contract for the sake of keeping
the team in tact for another run at the Superbowl.

Can this be done in the NBA? Its pathetic how much we
are overpaying Baker. I can understand if we're having
bad luck if Baker was having physical problems, like
an recurring injury like Grant Hill's ankles but he
seems to have mental problems.

If I remember correctly, the Jazz had a player a few
years ago that had issues. I think he was unable to
find another team and finally the Jazz were able to
restructure his contract and paid him over a long
period.

I know its a bit extreme but the C's should put Baker
on the injured list premenantly and get him to see a
psychiatrist. Meanwhile, fire Obie and Wallace. Obie
has already shown the lack of understanding of the NBA
game. Some how it seems he's gotten comfortable being
the headcoach by giving Pierce and Walker liberty to
do anything on the court. I'm not convinced Wallace is
a good GM. I thought he was brought in just to be
Pitino's puppet.

Problem is, who would be interested in become the C's
GM with the BDT constantly second guessing the GM's
moves? Anyone got suggestions for coach and GM? Van
Gundy, coach and Larry Bird GM? Robert Parrish GM? Bob
Hill?

Sorry... long email but thanks for reading.

Ritesh Ramani
http://taxes.yahoo.com/