Re: Thoughts...

<But Chris Wallace WAS
willing to take on that kind of contract. He did it. He cashed in the
expiring contract for the long-term contract. If he had waited, he could
have had Grant or Jones or, at least, Campbell. Instead he went after the
most untradeable contract in the NBA and a truly terrible player. But the
Grant/Jones stuff wasn't fiction. Riley would have done it in a heartbeat,
but no one else was willing to tango.>

I can't defend the Vin trade anymore. However, Campbell would only be
Battie's backup for the C's also. He doesn't have the quickness the play
Harter's defense anymore than Baker does and maybe less. He wouldn't be
getting any touches in the post either. He would then leave and we would
still be over the cap. But you have to wonder if Wallace consulted with Obie
about getting an inside offensive player. I also can't believe that Baker
went horrible overnight. I can't believe that they didn't go over hours of
film and perform a personal workout. Right now, Baker can't even score on the
backup centers of the league. Is he jumping off his heels? Is he closing his
eyes before he goes to the basket? Is he just truly finished? Like a baseball
pitcher, maybe Baker is going to have to reinvent himself...

I, like Joe, don't believe  Riley was willing to trade an expiring contract
for Grant or Jones. It didn't happen with plenty of opportunities. Those
opportunities do arise but you have to be at the right place at the right
time.

The bottom line is that we would have been better off just keeping Kenny and
letting his contract run out the way Obie is running this show....

DJessen33