Post West coast trip notes

Van Gundy said that Obie instructs his players to either shoot the three or 7
foot inward. He discourages the midrange shot....

Grant Long is taking over Kedrick's role as 3 point shooter....

I don't think Dick Harter's defense work against the Princeston offense. Both
the Nets and Kings run the Princeston offense....

I think we finally found a player who can stop PP one-on-one in Doug
Christe...

I look like to see Kedrick just take the ball on the left side and explode to
the rim and cram it with his right hand. I hate seeing him waste his athletic
ability trying to be a jump shooter....

Obie finally admits that it isn't defense that puts players on the floor. It
is whether you can shoot the three or not....

Van Gundy thinks Baker is out of the rotation now. I have to agree unless.....

Getting hot on the three against the Warriors sure enough made the Cs think
they were a good three point shooting team. They took so many rushed or
offbalance threes last night. When will they learn?....

I don't like it but Obie just may have a chance with his three-point shooting
strategy. However, I believe it can only be successful it you have a guy who
can penetrate to open things up for the three-point shooters. It is too much
to ask PP to do that the whole game. If you really want this offense to work,
you got to get a point guard who and dribble around and suck in the defense.
I don't think the Cs have enough to go to the finals until Bremer develops a
little further or they get better in the point guard area next summer...

The Czar said that Obie said that Battie is one big bang away from getting
surgury. That makes the Blount deal make a lot more sense. However, the thing
that really makes the deal nice is that we get the 2 million trade exception.
Since we know that Obie can't develop players, look for the Cs to take their
two no. 1s plus Kedrick and the 2 million exception and get a significant
players next summer....

Walter is really playing great right now (what an understatement). I might
want to add most of his shots are coming from the baseline which is the same
position he played in college.....

DJessen33