Re: Donnell Harvey & leaving early for the NBA

the
clock,
under a

>   Whoa....I usually agree with much of your analysis,
but I think you're way
> off the mark here.  Williams is the player that has
struggled getting the
> ball across halfcourt when pressed. Delk is a little
better but not great.  I
> don't recall a single turnover from Bremer under the
same circumstances.
> Bremer's assist/turnover ratio of 3.08 is ninth in the
league.
> Shammond's a/to ratio is 2.10
> Delk's a/to ratio is 2.22
>
> Whatever the case, Shammond is now a Nugget.

Your numbers don't lie, and that's the bottom line I
guess. Coming off a great shooting game like GS, its odd
I would feel such unease about JR.

I find myself feeling impatient with Bremer in getting
the offense running as quickly as is feasible. Even
without any press, he sometimes takes his sweet time
bringing it up court.

Bremer's a lead guard type who thrived last month on over-
dribbling until he could take it to the hole for a layin.
It's fairly safe to say, at least in my opinion, that
he's not yet much of a setup point guard.

But what worries me is that ever since the Seattle series
he's gradually reduced his performances to (aggressive)
spot-up shooting rather than honing the more complete
game he had. That's not what I want (standstill shooting)
from a 30% bomber. When he tries to explore driving
opportunities, the defense has adjusted to take it away
with relative ease. And the nicest thing to say about his
passing is that he's highly risk averse (hence, in part,
the high a-to ratio).

I don't know how this will turnout. Truthfully, I was
never that comfortable with Eric Strickland either, and
basically Bremer brings the same genre of two-way skill
and aggressiveness.

Honestly, I appreciate Bremer's aggressiveness. What
separates him most from Kedrick is a total fearlessness
about incurring wrath by dominating the ball, holding it
too long, being slow getting the offense going. He
doesn't have a rookie's sense of shame. He's too hungry
for that.

While he's tremendously prudent about not turning the
ball over, I would love a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio a
lot more from a starter if he actually was effective
enough to even AVERAGE 3 whole assists instead of 2.2 per
game.

At his best, he's a fearless lead guard who looks for his
own shot. If he loses that aggressiveness and starts spot-
up shooting, I sense he is at risk falling into the same
slump Shammond fell into for a month. That's the vibe I
got this past week. Maybe its irrational.

But if he's TOO aggressive with the ball, well frankly I
think we have other and better scoring options. How I
felt about Strickland is how I feel about Bremer. I guess
that's not so bad.

I'd really like JR to have a great Celtics career. I love
his general comportment. But since he's not a setup guy,
I want him to at least race the ball over and get it to
Pierce or Walker quickly.

And in the long run, I worry. I find myself blaming our
point guards (including the starter Bremer) for these
near disastrous scoring droughts and 18-2 runs.

Maybe these impressions are unfair. Like I said-- and you
said-- the statistics look good.

He and Delk are tough guys, and maybe they can make a big
splash in the playoffs. I hope the Celtics can address
our inconsistency and scoring droughts by then.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?