> So you don't want Miller because of the way he hasn't transformed the
> Clippers but you want to trade Walker for Brand because Elton has
> transformed the Clippers?

Some quick history...Miller came over this year... Brand was there for two
years..
They did better before Miller arrived, as Brand improved their team. Just
because the Clippers suck that doesn't mean every player on their team is a
bad apple.

> Nice player, really nice numbers but so what. Remember all the buzz about
> Vinny when he was with Milwaukee. What a player! Everyone on this list
> wanted him. Nice numbers and his team never won anything. Shareef was
> supposed to come east and dominate.

Uh huh.. Remember Vin Baker?! What kinda reasoning is that?!

Vin Baker is not Elton Brand. Elton is an athletic, incredibly strong,
undersized ,hardworking, grinder who plays power forward. Vin Baker is a soft
lanky tall player with excellent footwork who thrived in the days of "Man to
Man" defense.  Honestly I don't think I have heard a worse comparison
basketball wise in all my years.

With this logic you can't trade Walker for any NBA player on a losing team?
Do we really want to limit our talent pool like that?!

Sure Vin Baker is a bust..but what the heck does that have to do with Elton
Brand? Nothing. Moreover I have seen little evidence that Walker is the
reason for the Celtics success. The Celts have started to do well when Paul
Pierce arrived. Before he was here the Celtis sucked. They suck when he
leaves the game and thrive when he returns. PP Is the reason for the Celtics
success. You could surround the guy with 10 college players and the Celts
would still get 20 wins.

Elton is a far superior player, I doubt he would even be offered to us.
Walker has better guard skills..with his long distance shooting and his solid
passing and ball handling. But clearly Brand is a better athlete (2.5 blocks
a game from a little guy), a better rebounder and a better power forward.

The Celts are out rebounded every game..and could use a guy like Brand.
Walker is a very good player and we should only trade him for a star. Elton
Brand is such star though..drafted #1 and he has lived up to his billing.
Walker is a nice story for a late pick...but he just isnt as good as Brand.

The Clips won 38 games in 2001-2002 when Brand was there without Miller...
38 games out West is quite competitive with 48 wins in the east in my
estimation..
The Clips have not won because of there awful management and atmosphere.

> I've heard all the excuses. Maybe it just comes down to having guys - like
> Elton Brand and Andre Miller - who don't really care about winning games,
> don't take responsibility for winning games, and only care about getting
> their numbers.

Prior to Paul Pierce Walker was a career "loser"..now that he is here Walker
is suddenly a winner so we can't trade him? Ha ha... Stick Brand on a team
with PP and he will be a winner too..guaranteed.

Listen statistics lie..but if you watch Walker play and interpet his
statistics and do the same for Brand...it's pretty clear who is better. More
importantly a guy like Brand would fit this team better.

Pete