Re: Do you believe in Miracles?

< I believe in miracles. The Celtics are capable of the best and the
worst as long as the 3's keep falling. When they don't it will get ugly. >
 - DanF

You are preaching to the converted, Dan.  Still, it is a beautiful thing
when our threes fall (14-38 vs. Portland's 2-15 last night) and I
temporarily forget that Obie's system is ultimately doomed to failure.

Last night was only the second time in the last month that I have
been able to view a (nationally televised) game.  Did we look fabo
in the first quarter with our fast breaks and easy buckets - yes.
Did Pierce look fabo and courageous despite his groin pull - yes.
Did our D come through as Portland failed to score one field goal
in the final 4 1/2  minutes allowing us a 12-0 run - yes.
Did Obie's three-point strategy (McCarty and Walker) eventually
win the game - yes.

You just knew that when one of our staunchest bulls (Jessen) finally
turned bear,  that it was no time to short the market on our
team... at least until the threes stop falling, which could come as
soon as tomorrow night.

Egg