Baker going for cap room?

There's a problem I see with people speculating on a scenario where Baker
leaves and the C's shove his salary into the Big Dig.  I don't think the
League, if given an option, will grant the exception.

For crying out loud, we had a player DIE and the C's got stuck for his full
contract.  The NBA does not have any love for the C's--as witness the most
recent antics of Isiah "Bligh" Thomas, covered in another set of posts.

Unless something happens with Baker that doesn't leave the NBA any wiggle
room, the C's will eat that contract no matter if Baker plays or
not.  Though, if he DOES have a condition that the Sonics KNEW about before
the trade, then maybe THEY should be shelling out for Baker.  IF there is,
AND they knew.  I don't know that either has been established as yet.

By the way, did anyone else catch the Globe article about how the Big Dig
engineers forgot to pencil in the Fleet Center when they were figuring out
where to put the new road?  Must be Baseball fans.  :>)))

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the
<http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html>Celtics
Beagle <http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html>website