Misc.

For those who may be wondering, one reason that Kedrick
got a DNP-CD versus Indiana (apart from clearly being in
Obie's doghouse) may be the five fouls he accumulated in
just 14 minutes in the previous 98-93 win over Indiana.

On the other hand, Kedrick did get 5 offensive boards in
that puny span while Artest (1-10) and Reggie Miller (1-
7) were non factors. In fairness, it was also Kedrick's
first time around against this team, so presumably he
could learn from his mistakes too.

I point this out because it was right after that 14-
minute Kedrick stint versus Indiana (in the wake of a 15
and 16 minute games of the Texas trip)that Kedrick first
started getting bigger minutes.

Over the next five games he played half the game (24 mpg)
as a regular part of the C's rotation. Boston went 4-1
and held teams to 88.2 ppg and a low FG%.

Coinciding with his subsequent benching in favor of
others, Boston is 0-3 and allowing 104.3 ppg. In the last
two, we've allowed 87 ppg after just THREE quarters. What
the heck is that?

It would not be very intelligent to overstate this
causality. Its not really about Kedrick.

But let's just say that the PROBLEM against Indiana
wasn't how we ran our offense. To wit, if Boston scored
100 points like that in every game this season, our
record would be freaking 35-12.

I'm really not comfortable with Tony Delk at shooting
guard defensively, nor ANY minutes we give to Shammond
especially in combination with another puny guard.

Obie seems to like Shammond a lot publicly, and some may
also feel he's trying to showcase him for a trade to
improve our team.

But it's not working.

The following stat is not a typo: Shammond has 1 assist
in his last 80 minutes of playing time (5 games). He has
a 1:5 assist-turnover ratio in that span. Puh-lease.

With a small shooting guard tonight in Wesley, its hard
to say which direction Obie will go with his rotation.

I don't care who plays as long as we play defense.
There's nothing I long for more than a game where we
don't allow ANY 30-point quarters. We've allowed 28
points (a 112 ppg pace)or more in six of the past eight
quarters. That's garbage.

Does anyone out there want to see us keep giving up 28-32
point quarters? Of course not.

Leaving one weak link out there (e.g. Shammond or others)
is one link too many. It throws the whole system out of
whack when someone can't stop penetration or move as
fluidly as our most committed defenders.

Whatever the scoreboard reads, no matter the deficit,
Obie needs to rotate in guys in who are eager to play
shutdown defense, and have the bodies/athleticism to do
it well. 48-minutes of hell.

Instead Obie's trying to stem the bleeding (and/or launch
double digit comebacks) by putting in frail or gimpy 3-
point shooters who don't pass the ball. That's retahded.

Defense is what its all about. Its why we could lose 3 in
a row and why we could win 6 of 7 just prior to that.
That's basically what Walker said this weekend. Its true.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?