Division XVIII college team.  Look to any individual's past and most times
you
will see his/her future... except of course when it comes to drafting
players.>>>>

Harsh? It sounds dumb. Let me clue you in on something.:

Book smarts does not equal basketball smarts. It's really that simple.

 If a guy say didn't learn to read..or has dyslexia. He could be a real screw
up and school..and still be a great basketball player.  Screwing up in school
doesn't mean your necessarily too "dumb "to be good at school..your
backaround and parents count for quite alot.

But forgetting the idea that he might be "dumb"..because he didn't go to Div.
I school. Lets assume your right and that Kedrick could never be a good
student.
Your still making the assumption that being good at school really translates
to the basketball court. I couldn't disagree more. And that's just crap.

The best basketball players like Larry Bird or Magic Johnson have an almost
music like way of playing the game. The quick thinking you see on the court
doesn't translate to "book smarts", IMHO. Some of the smartest people I ever
played with made dumb passes and so forth..

Why? because they don't know hoops..and they don't have the kind of abilities
needed to be "smart" players. There are different kinds of intelligence..and
an I.Q. test doesn't measure all of them.

Some smart players are good in school..some aren't. I have seen Magic Johnson
talk show..he doesn't strike me as a genius. But he is a genius ball player.

You don't have to know how to read or do Calc. do throw a perfect bounce pass
or
time yourself for rebound, or even grasp a play from the X and O's.

Besides, Kedrick problem isn't that he is clueless..its that he can't hit a
damn jumpshot. That has nothing to do with book smarts, and luckily for Celts
fans that a problem that can generally be corrected.

I should also mention that LB had alot of physical gifts as well...

He wasn't just "outsmarting" his "less intelligent" mostly black opponents.
Thats just crap spouted by ignorant commentators. He was basically
ambidextrous and was said has great periphal vision. People also tend to
ignore the fact he also had phenomenal coordination, agility, and timing for
a man his size. There is more to "athletic ability" then the vertical leap
and the forty yard dash. It's a complete package. I think K. Brown is every
bit the leaper Jordan was.. That doesn't mean he is the athlete that even
Paul Pierce is.

As a side note
Its a shame OB didnt stick Walter and Kedrick on those hot perimiter players
early in the game. The little troika of Shammond, Delk, and Bremer just can't
stop them..
And you can't expect PP to play defense, rebound, handle the ball, score most
of the points and chase Rip Hamilton around. <g>

Oh yeah ...Sundov is such a bricklaying ball hog in garbage time.
I hate that.

Pete