re: last seconds

Let's not get carried away with praising O'Brien.  It's his
fault that the Celtics were down 17 to begin with.  The
tandem of Blount and McCarty at 5 and 4 is one of the
worst in basketball history.  Why those two would start
over Perkins and Hunter has to be one of the enduring
questions in sports history.  Blount has been as bad in
recent games as he ever has; he robbed Marcus Banks
of at least three assists by blowing point-blank layups.
And the less said about Walter the better.  The Celtics are
back to being a perimeter team that lives and dies by
jump shots and three-pointers.  And what the hell is going
on with Vin Baker?  Tell me he's not back on the sauce.

Anyway, good win.  But they're not advancing the ball,
Pierce is still overhandling the ball, we're not getting
layups even against a team with no shot-blockers, and
we have somehow managed to make Scott Williams look
like Wilt Chamberlain.  Not good.  I'm glad the Celtics
won and that Banks won, but much to criticize in this win.
For instance how Stephon Marbury had an open layup
at the end; or how Ricky Davis, after scoring 8 points  in
8 minutes, disappeared for a huge stretch of the game.

Josh