Re: For those who got an oooooohhhh of pleasure watching the Pierce to Ricky alley oop

I was at the game and I saw that Kim. I agree a lot of people missed it, but you could hear an oooooo from the people in the crowd that did. I agree pretty much with everything else you posted.

I kept wondering why Philly did not go back to some pressure. It really was killing the Celts in the first half. We would get the ball over 1/2 court and then look discombobulated. I thought they would go back to it with like 7 left in the 4th and that would be the deciding fact, but they never really did.

It appeared to me that the airballs plus double dribble plus booing from the crowd really got to banks tonite - he looked pretty darn dejected.

At one point, Philly had Buckner, Dalembert, Korver, and Salmon on the court within a 2 minute period. The Big Dog looks like he ought to be put to sleep. I wish we had Eric Snow on the C's...

Kim Malo wrote:

The most impressive moment of a really ugly game wasn't then. It was actually before the game, right after the national anthem. When Ricky took two strides away from the team line up towards the hoop, as if he was circling around to the bench. But instead casually, effortlessly glided up in the air to lightly grasp the rim with one hand on his way to floating up further to tap the top of the backboard. Before landing equally effortlessly and simply continuing on to the bench. I think a lot of people missed it because there wasn't any blatant show off about it, but I know everyone in the group of people around me at the game just sort of looked at each other, jaws dropped, before babbling an awed "did I really just see that"? Driving into power dunks is one thing, but this was from nearly flat footed with effortless grace. And exuberance - not show off so much as just enjoying his own athleticism, like a high school kid casually jumping up to tap the landing above him on his way down a flight of stairs.

Not anything important, just thought I'd share it in case anyone not at the game to see it might enjoy the mental image. Still brings me a smile. As I suspect Ricky will at least once or twice a game. I knew he was quick and athletic, but I didn't see him enough to appreciate the grace and purely awesome hops that unlike Kedrick, he knows how to use. Also some nice court awareness with his passing. We'll see how long the determination to fit in lasts and hope it works to everyone's benefit. While I'm at it and speaking of passing, I get enormously frustrated by much of Pierce's play, but props to him for making the pass that created that gorgeous in game alley oop.

It's still going to take a while for the dust to settle, and I wish I thought there was a real leader on this team for the times when we need one, but I think we're going to see some fun hoops by the time we're moving toward the playoffs. And pure fun to watch is not something the Cs have been much the past few years even when they won. Especially for someone like me, who hates the 3 point shot, even when it goes in (no, I don't love Waltuh, although I'm sure he's a very nice man).

Kim