Re: Whoo-hoo!

There's 2 ways of looking at it. Either Dallas gave it away, or the C's took it from them. I say the C's took it from them. I was at the game and so was able to watch everything very clearly. I watch a lot of ball, including a lot of dallas games because I want to see how Antoine does. Maybe Dallas didn't play their top notch game, but they certainly didn't play bad and played well enough to beat this current celtics team. But the Celtics wanted it more and matched Dallas for most of the whole game. Dallas went on a little run in the first quarter to take the 10 point lead, but it was pretty much basket for basket the rest of the way.

To say the C's only won because Dallas played poorly is discrediting what the Celtics did last night. And as much as you've been standing up for Antoine thus far, I can't help but think that has something to do with it. Almost as if you feel that giving the C's credit would mean putting Antoine down so you're not going to do it.

From: Sean Giovanello <sgiovanello@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Shawn Niles <shizzjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: callmebogie@xxxxxxxxx,  celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Whoo-hoo!
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:41:08 -0500

Well, Dirk was hobbled down the stretch. Walker was struggling. Nash was so so. No Finley. Howard did not light things up. Fortson was beast, but was noticeably tired as the game went on. Jamison did hit some big shots as well. If you have watched Dallas games this year or in the past, this was not a vintage performance. Walton was talking about how Dallas is such a poor road team this year and its a big problem for them - I do not know their road record but maybe there is something to it.

I agree the Cs were resilient, but Dallas let it slip away after Dirk started limping and they failed to pick up their defensive intensity.

Shawn Niles wrote:

I don't see how you can say Dallas played bad. Walker played bad, Dallas didn't. Nowitzki did his thing with 30 points, 13 rebounds.... Nash hit a number of big shots, Fortson grabbed every rebound in the same area code as him, Jamison hit some big shots.... Dallas played very well. The C's were just resiliant and determined not to lose.