From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 4:42 AM
To: markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; celtics@xxxxxxxx;
Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: little things

Outstanding post Mark. I had all the same conclusions. On Obie, I am coming
around. I also didn't like going small with Walta but Obie did it trying to
match up with Dirk. I don't like changing lineups for matchups but the Cs
won! It
was a great coaching victory by Obie to get a win on a quality team after
being shorthanded. If Obie puts this team together this year and becomes a
serious playoff team, I'll be convinced and be a Obie fan for life....

DJessen33

<< -- Obie.  I too was incredulous when the said Waltah was starting.  But
 one thing is becoming clear:  what Obie might lack in in-game coaching
 (esp. on offense) he more than makes up for in managing the team and
 its collective psyche.  The Celtics play like Celtics should -- hard,
 with fire.  And I love the story they told that they couldnt' practice
 with the new players so Obie talked to them for a couple hours as a
 team about what it means to be a Celtic, what he expects form them,
 etc. Did you catch O'Brien's reaction when they won -- i don't know if
 anyone wanted it more than he.  i'm starting to rethink Obie.  It seems
 more and more like the offense of the last 2 years may have been a
 strategic choice given the talent -- because with the cast Ainge has
 assembled they are moving the ball around much more.  Maybe some of the
 infamous "walker grip" was really on Obie. >>