better ingredients equals better pizza

Well, it did when I was eating pizza regularly.  And better players equals a better team, at least usually.  I'm excited about the combinations we can put on the floor now.  For a while we had Banks, Pierce, Davis, Jones and Mihm; now, that's a potent crew.  I was quite impressed with Jones in his few minutes.  He played good defense on Antoine, he shot nicely; maybe he's beginning to get acclimated.  And the Czech Ginobili keeps getting better.  I think his lack of foot speed is made up for by his sudden zip in the right direction when on the break, and he's shooting with great confidence.  For the first two or three weeks, we thought he couldn't shoot.

With all of Walter's key shots down the stretch, he managed to leave Nowitzski open countless times in the first half.  It's too much of a trade-off for me to enjoy his play, and O'Brien let us get beat up on the boards too much, but we did win.  Specifically, we could have used Mihm a little in the stretch to insure better inside play.  Still, I expect that will come.  Do you realize that Ainge has added three potential starters in Welsch, Davis, and Mihm?  Not bad trading.  Cheers,  Gene