Re:Fwd: [Celtics' Stuff ] Pierce and Davis friends

Kestas wrote:

I think the starting lineup will remain the same, at least for a while, and not
necessarily due to Obie's trying to get back at Ainge. If Obie doesn't lose his
marbles and Ricky behaves, 4 guys will eat up the majority of minutes at the
1-2-3 spots (those 4 being James, Welsch, Pierce and Davis, of course) and 3
guys will divide the minutes at the 4-5 (Blount, Baker, Mihm). JJ, Banks and
McCarty will get the crumbs left after the Top 7, and Kendrick will meditate on
the bench with Yogi.

I hope this is exactly the way it works out. I hope the starting lineup remains the same and I hope Davis scoops up the EWill/Kedrick minutes off the bench. That's the perfect scenario, and it's what I expect to happen. I'd say Walter will get more minutes than any of us would like at the power forward spot, but that's just Obie. I hope I'm wrong.

The big loser in this is Banks, but he has to earn his time. He has looked disinterested far too often of late. I have no problem with him falling out of the rotation. Hopefully it will get his attention.

I'm not sure I agree with the opinion that Welsch isn't a point guard. He hasn't made many eye-popping passes, but he's made several very good ones of the rock-solid variety. I don't think it's his natural position, but he has pretty good instincts. He's better at the point than a lot of the guys the Celts have run out there over the past few years. I don't know. I've seen enough of him there to know that I wouldn't mind seeing more of him there. That's not a knock on James, who has been playing well of late. Anyway, I don't think it's in the cards, other than Welsch seeing minutes as the backup point guard at Banks' expense.

Mark