Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "You see a train wreck coming, you take the plane."-Globe

second
half because of the tendonitis was more painful in the second half. If Raef's
situation wasn't any worse than previous and it was Obie's decision not to
play
Raef, to attempt to match up with the Suns going small, I think I am going to
be sick. I have already wrote about how I like to play set rotations but even
more so, having a guy with good fundamentals on the floor can be extremely
helpful when the opposing team is pressing. Since Peter May wrote this, I
assume
it was a decision based on matchups, not injuries....<<<<

Well then, you better get a good sturdy barf bag.
O'Brien said as much in his post game interview.
This is just another nail in his coffin as far as I'm concerned.  Good
coaches make other teams adjust to what they want to do, not the other way around.
Especially when you already have a 25 point lead!
LaFrentz was a huge help in breaking the press against the Hornets.  There
was no reason he should have been sitting on the bench the entire second half.
Tommy had it right during the game last night.  He said at the time that the
Celtics shouldn't go small just because the Suns did.  He said they should use
their size to their advantage and stuff it down their throats.
After the game Tommy tried to back track from that, saying O'Brien tried to
make the necessary adjustments, but it sounded half hearted and the results
speak for themselves.

TAM