Re: Vecsey on Ainge and the Celts (including what Ainge allegedly offered for Bonzi)

--- You wrote:
Here's Vecsey with a hatchet piece on Ainge. The only part I agree with is the
question: "How can you loathe how Walker played in Boston and award Jim O'Brien
a plump extension?"
--- end of quote ---

Yeah...Whom does Vecsey remind you of on this list?

--- You wrote:
Anyway, the offer Vecsey claims was made for Bonzi, Patterson and McInnis is
interesting. Would have been a good deal for the Celts.
--- end of quote ---

I would amend it to "good deal talentwise, a disaster otherwise". It would've
been a straight character-for-talent swap. The only way this deal helps the
Celtics is by driving Obie to resign. I'm not sure that wasn't the main impetus
behind this attempted trade by Danny :)  Either that or he has relatives in law
enforcement who need a boost in overtime pay now that the Big Dig is winding
down.
Kestas