Re: Chad Ford Proposes Big Celtics Trade

You beat me to posting this. A couple of thoughts...

On paper, this would be a no-brainer for the Celts. On the floor? No one really knows. Ricky Davis is talented, but he's a walking, trash-talking, cancer cell. Plus, he's not a guy who adds to your basketball IQ. Having said all that, I'd take him over Bonzi Wells or Donyell Marshall every time.

Ilgauskus puts up nice numbers, but he hasn't made much of an impact since coming back from all those foot injuries. Is it because of his teammates, or has he just lost a step? Plus, it's always a mistake to gamble on basketball players with histories of serious foot/ankle problems. They never REALLY get over them.

Would I do the deal Ford suggests? I don't think so. I think Ainge will make more trades this season, but I hope he doesn't make this one (not that this is anything more than Chad Ford speculation, anyway... ).

There are other names on Ford's possible trade list that are interesting: Kenyon Martin, Brent Barry, Al Harrington, Eric Snow, Shareef Abdur-Rahim. If the Celts could make a play for a guy like that for their expiring contracts, great.

Mark