Re: Interesting comment from the Bucks' announcers

--- You wrote:
They mentioned this after Obie yelled out "Lob!" just before the alley-oop to
Desmond Mason. Remember the "... now make the free throws" quote attributed to
Pitino? I don't know if the story was true or just told for effect, but it
claimed Pitino was yelling out everything... "set up the pick... three
dribbles... pump fake... " until the player was fouled, when Pitino then said,
"Good... now make the free throws."

Anyway, is it any surprise that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with
O'Brien?
--- end of quote ---

Where was Obie when Pierce was shooting those critical free throws Saturday
night? Why didn't he tell Paul to make them?! Is Obie trying to sabotage
Pierce?!!! This demands an investigation, err... a made-up rumor by hoopsworld.

More seriously, calling out a play that the _opponent_ is running is one thing
(not that it prevented Mason from reverse-slamming that lob pass),
micromanaging the offense is quite another.

I have to say, though, that there have been some decent pick-and-rolls and
pick-and-pops in the last few games, although I suspect it mostly had to do
with the lax defense by the Bucks. When they dug in on defense in the fourth,
all of a sudden our best shot became a three by Mike James.

Speaking of James, it's funny how his numbers are twice as good as Banks's and
4x as good as Welsch's, yet I almost always prefer the other two on the court
(unless Banks starts trying to show the other PG up, as he did with TJ Ford).
Have you noticed how Mike always takes it in himself on the fast break? It's as
if he knows he's gonna screw up the pass, so he doesn't even try it.

I'm glad Obie is seeing the same thing I'm seeing in Welsch - he's going to be
great for this team when he finds his shooting range.
Kestas