Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Don't the C's want to give their players, "every possible chance...?"

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 01:17  PM, Ramos Ojai wrote:

> Wow. Chip Engelland. That guy was one of the greatest pure shooters
> ever. Too small and slow to make it in the NBA. But he's a legend in
> Asia. Last I heard he was working with Duke.

	Ramos
**************
	I don't know much about Engelland, Ramos, but I'm glad someone replied
to the story. I forgot about it, but wanted to make some points. (pun
intended)
	The core of this article was the beefing up of the Nuggets coaching
staff. I'd made a point earlier in the summer about the NFL and their
army of coaches; for every single skill, it seems.
	Don't the Celtics need to add someone; I like Tiny Archibald, for the
job, who can coach the point guard (s?).
	I think we are missing the boat here. If we expect to change the
offense, why don't we bring in an expert/teacher to help develop it? We
got a lot of mileage out of Dick Harter, for the defense, shouldn't we
be looking for an offensive guru, who knows the running game?

	JB

Unchain My Heart!
***********

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/
0,1299,DRMN_20_2186452,00.html

Excerpt:

.............ARMY OF COACHES: The Nuggets might challenge the Dallas
Mavericks this season for the NBA lead in coaches.

The Nuggets this summer have hired shooting coach Chip Engelland and
development coaches Adrian Dantley and Scott Brooks, giving them eight
assistants. Dallas had an NBA-most eight last season.

"We want to give our players every possible chance of getting better,"
said Vandeweghe, who learned a bit about having an army of assistants
when he served on Dallas' staff before coming to Denver in 2001.

tomassonc@RockyMountain News.com or 303-892-5125