Ford and his team picks

It's weird, really.  According to Ford, the C's are neither good enough to
be playoff contenders in the EC, nor are they listed among the five worst
teams in the conference.  His only mention of them was to suggest a trade
between Boston and Chicago that was ridiculous even before it was rendered
totally impossible.

Based on what he has--and to some degree, has NOT--said, Ford obviously
believes the Celtics to be the worst kind of team in the NBA.  A mediocre
one.  Not good enough to be winners, not bad enough to be rebuilders, not
even worth serious trade talk, to hear the emptiness issued from Ford on
the subject of the Celtics.

I have no idea what was said or done to annoy him.  Maybe he had bad clams
once.  Maybe he and Byron Scott were roomies.  Maybe he was unfortunate
enough to be driven somewhere by Red Auerbach.  But what in the name of
Linus and Lucy was so terrible that he takes the lead among sports
columnists in taking every chance to bad-mouth Boston--on those rare
occasions when he mentions the Celtics at all?

I should be more mature, I tell myself.  We're big enough to take a few
insults, as a well-known engineer once said.  Then I remember that anyone
who refers to himself as a beagle isn't necessarily expected to be mature.

So I'm REALLY looking forward to the day--preferably this upcoming
June--then I update the CBW to include a 'nyahh, nyahh, nyahh' by name of
every sportswriter, columnist and professional pundit who dismissed my
team.  With quotes showing how wrong they were, except Ford, who will be
easy to remember. for while most of the "pros" said nothing of consequence
about the C's, at least he didn't waste space doing it....  :>))

I didn't say that the Lakers should be HAULING garbage.... :>)

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle