Re: Tidbits

At 10:36 PM 8/13/2003 -0300, Cecil wrote:
I was led to believe it was Toine for cash.

Can't be done Cecil. Max amount of cash that can be included in a trade is $3MM http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#81
And that doesn't even get into the whole cap balancing thing, since we're over and so's most the league.

Kim

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx
  To: cecil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; celtics@xxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 10:24 PM
  Subject: Re: Tidbits

Cecil,
I am trying to understand your first sentence. Are you saying we were offered 16 million cash money in return to pick up Twan's contract? You got to give us a little more to understand exactly what we turned down....

DJessen33

In the very near future, you will find out that the team was offered 16 million from an NBA team for Antoine's contract. The reasoning I was given for not making the deal, was that the team believes they are closer to raising a banner with him than taking the risk of losing him and the variables which he brings to the table, and make the team wait an additional period of time to gel. Also, he has made a commitment to get himself into the best condition of his career and we need to see if he can thrive in the running game that Danny envisions.