Re: Teddy Ballgame

At 07:14 PM 8/12/2003 -0700, John Lyell wrote:
An interesting story on Ted Williams and his decapitation. Believe me this
is true. This company Alcor does this. They used to be located near me and
there was a big story about 10 years ago with a missing head . They have
since packed their bags and moved to AZ

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6561599

http://www.aarrgghh.com/no_way/cryo.htm

Yeah, I read about it. Dora Kent. There's a wonderful version of that tale in a wierd but very amusing book: "Great Mambo Chicken and the Transhuman Condition: Science Slightly over the Edge" by Ed Regis that discusses Alcor in general too. I knew about them before the Williams thing from having read it.
Hmm, forgot about that book. Y'know the title story offers some interesting strength and conditioning possibilities for building up the boys... Someone was trying to test ways of, if I recall properly, forcing a more rapid development physically from man to uberman via chickens in a centrifuge. Left them in there for a while that ended up being quite a few generations in chicken time and were shocked at the muscular monsters that finally emerged - great mambo chicken. If memory serves, the Alcor chapter is titled "heads will roll" <evil grin>
Kim