RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V10 #297

I am less worried about the players and more worried about the worst
in-game coach in the nba (not including isiah of course but that is LB's
problem).  Two years ago against the Nets in the playoffs we were down
by 20 points every first quarter and yet obie would not change the
starting line-up.  The worst coaching "non-move" I have ever seen (as
you can tell I am still bitter about it).  Especially because erick
Strickland was tearing up the nets.  I don't think anything can really
change until we get a coach that understands how to make adjustments
during the game (I am not even arguing about his 3 point attack, I don't
have the time or energy to deal with that).  I know he has been somewhat
strapped for talent because of the idiocy that is chris wallace (does he
fill out his resume using crayon?) but I just can not understand his
in-game decisions.

I hope banks and hunter pan out (hunter intrigues me but so did eric
Macarthur and the great dave popson) but I don't think jumaine jones is
anything to be giddy about (a marginally better duplicate of walter
mccarty, I can already hear tommy with his "I love Jumaine!!").

Either way, I agree that we have made some progress but until obie
improves and until we can get out of the abyss that wallace put us in,
the marginal improvements still equal at best a first round playoff win.
It's really too bad too because Pierce is the real thing.  Two years ago
you could see it in his eyes at the beginning of the year.  I didn't see
the same look from him last year but I am blaming that on lack of rest
due to the world championships, etc..  Is this the year? I doubt it.
Will I root for the c's?  certainly.  But until Obie goes, we're in a
canoe with one paddle.

rmn