Thin Walker and positions

Speaking of a skinny Walker...

> So Walker can become our 6th SF?  Who will be our PF?

Well with the guy he is working out with, I imagine he will be stronger as
well. Walker was never "fat" but he didn't have your typical NBA type body
either. Probably had about 20% fat..

That being said - Walker was never a "PF" anyway.

These PF and SF designations are somewhat artificial - don't you think? I
think he plays the game more like your average SF, but defensively he covers PFs.
He can do some PF things like rebound. But mostly he is just called a PF
because he defends that position on the floor.

I mean Kevin Garnett, Dirk and Rahim are often slotted as "SF" but they could
play PF for another team. Its pretty much arbitrary. Your trying to get a
good forward in the lineup.

It always amazes me how Walker is lauded for being unique when in reality he
is a very similiar player to his fellow alum Jamal Mashburn - not to mention
similar to those other SFs (Rahim, Dirk, Garnett). Now don't get me wrong you
want one of your forwards to go in their and do the dirty work - rebounds,
blocks and post play.

But I wouldn't worry that because Walker is going to cut out some of his body
fat he suddenly wouldn't be unable to play the way he did before. He will be
the same guy as always a "tweener" who could play either forward spot
depending on matchups. Then again there are many players in the NBA who could do this
though.

We still need to find a "power" SF to complement the guy. Thats why many folks
 are hoping that either KBrown or maybe Hunter can help with regards to that.

I am of the opinion that there are only two real positions on the floor..
Point Guard and Center...on most teams. Usually PF kind of helps your center
out, and your SF/SG help your point and help score/slash from  the outside.
But it doesn't have to work exactly that way. Some SF work on the inside -
Adrian Dantley, Marion and some PF work on the outside (Walker).

Pete