Better then Orlando...no doubt.

> Again I think you're right in saying Banks is a rookie point guard.
> But his contributions should be judged with their improvement over
> Bremer initially not judged say against Gilbert Arenas' season last
> year.  Doing so is like comparing apples and oranges.  My point
> wasn't that Banks will add 10 wins to the C's but replacing Bremer
> with Banks does nothing to take us backwards and may very well
> improve us because Banks does (or appears able to do) something
> Bremer doesnt' -- get others easy baskets.  so its not just the
> individual improvement at the PG slot but how much easier the game
> can and should be for marginal talents like Brown, McCarty, Blount,
> etc., AS WELL AS stars like Pierce and Walker.

I am with you.. I love Banks. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was
the second best player on the Celts - this season. He can change the outlook
of the team..
and make guys like Battie, Brown, McCarty and Jones into much better players.
Though I don't know if I would all them "marginal". They were just marginal
in a system that puts an emphasis on spot up shooters.

But Banks wow....I didn't think he would be a play maker at all...but he
really does set people up. And he really pushes the hell out of the ball. He makes
the JKidd like upcourt pass too. Very few point guards do that in the NBA.
And his handle..wow...its the best since Kenny.

Brandon Hunter should be taking the guy out to dinner. Its because of Banks
that he made the team, IMHO. Brown went from looking like he was done, to
perhaps being a starter. And that's just the summer league. Everyone who has seen
him play., whether the summer league, college or the charity game have been
impressed with the guy.  I think he might be able to make the Celtics fun to
watch.

One reason analysts and such are SO down on the Celtics...is that they are
godawful boring. They were the least exciting team since the Pat Riley Knicks.

Banks + Celtics = 50 wins. That's my prediction.

Pete