The Continuing Story of Cox Cable and NBAtv

As the potential series-winning game between the Celtics and Pacers
approaches, I got--at long last--some solid answers from Cox Cable.

Apparently, the cable systems were blindsided by the NBA's decision to make
NBAtv separate and break it off from the League Pass.  Cox Cable had
decided they will NOT broadcast NBAtv unless/until certain "legal issues"
are resolved.  Apparently, they also lost value on the League Pass deal
when the games were moved without warning.

Given that they didn't plan to broadcast the channel next season, they
decided--at the corporate level--not to broadcast the free preview.  I
recommend to those in my position to do as I did--contact the local office
of Cox Cable and insist on speaking to someone in the Marketing/programming
department, and insist they speak to the people at the corporate offices in
Atlanta, GA.  (If you're in the Central Florida area, call Michelle in
Marketing.) The number in Atlanta is 404 843-5000, and tell them, as I did,
that you "want to speak with someone at the supervisor or managerial level
about Cox Cable's refusal to broadcast the NBAtv preview on NBA channel
5.  If possible, talk to Heidi, as I've already gone over her in detail
about this.

My local office finally called me back--after my call to Heidi--and they
will talk to the corporate offices about reconsidering the preview.  I
don't know if they can get it done by tomorrow, but we'll see.  Keep
harping on the fact that WE had as little warning as THEY did.  You also
might want to make a mention of time spent getting info, plus any
long-distance calls made--they MAY be willing to at least offer some kind
of credit to your bill for the trouble.

I'll let you know if I hear any more before the Tuesday game.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle