One moment I really enjoyed in this game...

Near the end of the third quarter, with the clock running down, Pierce held
the ball outside the arc against the defender.  The camera had a great
"defender's eye view" as Pierce was swiveling his head, making weird faces,
and talking to his opponent.  I could just imaging what he was saying.

"I'm gonna stand here, let the clock run down, then fire up a three in your
face.  You're not going to be able to stop me.  It's good for three."  I
KNEW what he was going to do--as I'm sure everyone else did too.  This was
a pure Celtics moment, when the talent--and the confidence--was at an
all-time high.

This is the reverse of last year's playoffs, when Pierce came off the
season hot, but got frustrated in the playoffs.  This time, he came off a
tough end of the season, and is exploding like Godzilla out of Tokyo Bay in
the playoffs.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with at least one 50 or 60
point playoff game.  He's been passing off early; then, just when the
Pacers figure he's contained...oops.  Imagine what happens if they decide
to focus defensively on Williams, Battie, McCarty, etc., and leave Pierce
alone? eep.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle