That Old Time Pick and Roll

Random beagle thoughts, prior to trying to write the review of this
exciting game

Hard, physical play.  People in the low post.  Team rebounding.  And did I
mention the tough play?

Like the man said, "If they're going to call BS fouls, then there damn well
better be bodies hitting the floor".

I think the neighbors heard me yell "take THAT, INDIANA!!", after Walker
nailed the three.  I'm positive they heard me yell after the Walker feed to
Waltah, who made himself eminently lovable tonight.

Next time Reggie Miller flops, someone should flop on top of him.   After,
all, why should he have only half the experience of getting to the free
throw line?

Eric Williams, always an adventure at the free throw line, did himself
proud tonight.

Mark Blount knows how to play in the postseason.  He dives to the floor, he
goes up high on the boards, and he knows just what to do when the Pacers
wanna get physical.

Barring a lucky bounce and a few questionable foul calls, the Pacers would
have scored single digits in the opening quarter.

To All The Sports Pundits:  Hope you didn't bet the mortgage on the Pacers
in four.  Except the guys at TNT.  I hope they lose their shirts.

Coach O'Brien:  After tonight, I think Tom Heinsohn loves you, too.

It was grand to see Antoine Walker driving to the hoop, Pierce grabbing
rebounds, and both of them passing the ball throughout the game.

The Celtics were brilliant on the fast-paced first quarter, while Pierce
was on the bench.  the game would have been even bigger, but a few times,
the guy with the ball needed some passing options.  so run even more.  you
won't be sorry.

Reggie Miller was scoreless, for the first time ever in the playoffs.  Now,
THAT'S DEFENSE!!

Tell Isaiah not to worry--the Raptors have an opening for next season,
they're just waiting for you to finish up here.

Did anyone else catch, in a previous game, the short interview with Bill
Russell, when he explained the proper way to deal with Shaq, when asked
"Could you stop Shaq?"  He said, "I wouldn't even try.  Once you go in with
that mindset, you've lost the game."  the point, he reminded us all, was to
beat the other TEAM and win the game, series, and championship.  Quoth the
man who has all the rings while Chamberlain has all the records.

Tony Battie IS the Bat-Man.  He should be wearing a cape and cowl, and
speaking through gritted teeth.

Ron Artest:  Idiot.  When someone loosens your teeth, it is not manly to
refuse a mouth guard, it's an invitation to dental surgery the next time
one of the Celtics players you've pissed off decides to force-feed you the
basketball.

This is the kind of game the C's needed to play, especially on national
tv.  Show everyone that it's NOT "luck", they're not "stealing a game",
they're out playing and out coaching the Pacers.  Jim O'Brien may not be
everyone's cup of tea, but he's metaphorically skinning the Pacers with his
game plan, and the C's at long last, are executing on offense and defense
at the same time.

Think of it--had the C's not gotten blitzed in the opening quarter of the
last game, they might very well now be looking at a 3-0 series with game 4
in the Centah on Sunday.

The guy TNT had on play-by-play is by far the least objectionable I've
heard so far.

Me, worried?  Yep.  Sunday looks to be even MORE physical than
tonight.  This might be heresy, but I'd think seriously about bringing
Walker and Pierce off the bench, and see how the Pacers play and how the
refs are calling it.

With the increased emphasis on passing, the fact that Pierce and Walker had
a low-scoring night was hardly noticed.  The C's now get two days to feed
Pierce some more chicken soup before the Sunday afternoon game.

I am Beagle, hear me Arf!

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle