From: "R Howe" <regmanw6@yahoo.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 1:55 PM
Subject: Going crazy

> Here I am for my Celtics therepy session. Where to start? Watching this
team is driving me crazy.  How can any team consistantly be successful in
the half court offensive set, even with a couple very talented players
(Pierce, Walker), if all that is done is putting the ball in the hands of
one or two of the said talented players and let them work 1 on 2 or 3 or
drive against a packed in zone, while the other 3 players stand at
pre-determined (outside of natural shooting range) spots? AAAAHG!!!!!!  It
is so ugly/frustrating to watch and must totally suck if your one of any
players except the "all-star" two. On top of that if your are the teammates
that HAVE to stand around for scraps you are labelled a lesser NBA caliber
player if you cant consistantly hit "out of range" "out of rythm" shots your
forced to take as a bail out option to this coaches half court offense.
There is no movement without the ball, no backdoor plays, no pick and rolls
or give and goes, dont even mentio!
>  n fast breaks; how can anyone else but the "star two" look but as NBA
fodder when playing such nonsense? I do not buy that the talent on this team
is so bad as being the reason for this style of play. At any rate how can
anyone, the players especially, know if they cannot operate under a more
traditional offense that dictates player and ball movement hitting the open
man striving to get easy shots no matter the player taking the shot. What
made Bird or Magic or any great player special (Jordan as the exception) was
the ability to make teammates look great even in lesser role situations.
Pierce and Walker as great as they are do not make thier teamates or the
team in the long run, better when given the green light to play as they do.
Fault? 100% the coaching staff.  I am frustrated because Pierce one on one
is just plain unstoppable, I truly love watching him play, I love Walker's
enthusiasm and basketball versitility. If the staff would just make this
more of a team oriente!
>  d offense, even if it meant going thru growing pains, I believ!
>  e it wou
>
> ld make this a more successful and enjoyable team to to watch.  There I
feel a little better, take what I say with a grain of salt because I am
about ready to jump off the highest bridge I can find, at least till our
next victory. GO CELTS!