Re: Wyc, playoffs, Blake, etc.

> 5.	Did Leo Papile really say, while guest-hosting on
> Chris Wallace's
> radio show, that Kedrick never would start in
> Boston, would sign somewhere
> else for big money because the Celts won't be able
> to afford him, and
> explode for another team? Did he really say that? Is
> anyone else stunned by
> the fact that a basement recruiting rag writer and
> an AAU wannabe coach have
> been making the personnel decisions for the Boston
> Celtics? Sometimes the
> absurdity of it just hits me in the face.
>
> That's it. Sorry so long.
>
> Mark

Wow.  I haven't heard that.  Can anybody else confirm
that or give further details?

One other thing.  Mark is right when he lays out these
potential scenarios to trade Antione.  While I
disagree that he is a lost cause (you can't write
Antione off until a "real" coach has a chance with
him), it is of the utmost importance that we get both
a decent point guard and power forward (and, ideally,
they both are young) if we trade him.  And do you
think Wallace could get that done?  Of course not.  So
what I would propose is that if there are to be
changes, you change the management first, then
O'Brien, then see what happens going into next year.
It should be obvious if Antione either regresses
further (which, I will admit, he has, but I think
that's a product of poor usage of his talents by
O'Brien and the knee injury) or gets it.  At that
point, then you explore your options.

As for Antoine and his play recently, I was happy to
notice that this last game v. Detroit was one of his
most active.  For once, since the injury, he looked
light on his feet and not hindered by a bulky knee.
And he actually jumped a couple of times, which is
always nice.  I think he'll have a big game tomorrow
(or at least I hope).

And, one final last thing....can we stop all the "I
hope they lose badly in the first round so they fire
O'Brien and Wallace" talk.  Doesn't anyone around here
beleive in miracles?  We have a chance, albeit it
slim, so let's all think good thoughts and win this
thing.  This time of the year is what it is all about.
 Everybody, get on your game faces...

Ryan
http://search.yahoo.com