Jessen (on Miami/Jordan)

< This is what loser teams (Miami retiring Jordan's jersey) with no
tradition or great players has to do. Disgusting... > - Jessen

Speaking of Jordan, I wanted to get back to Jessen, on this.  Be it
ever so trivial.

Michael has given so very much to the NBA, Jessen, so why do you feel
it is ''disgusting'' or a show of weakness that another team would
honor him?

Sure Miami doesn't have our storied history. They are 15 yrs. old; we
are 57 yrs. old.  But I feel one is living in the past by smugly jesting
at scars that never felt a wound.  Please don't forget that today is
today, and yesterday was yesterday.  Really, just what has Celtic
tradition got to do with our team's present mediocre status anyway.
Surely the 2002-03 Celtics are not exactly our father's Celtics.

While you diss Miami for living vicariously off Jordan's success in the
absence of their own superstars, you still have to wonder if with a
healthy Alonzo not missing the entire season, with top-scorer Eddie
Jones not missing about half the season, along with Brian Grant, ROY
candidate Caron Butler, ace rebounder Stepania, and Coach Riley -
would ''nouveau'' Miami have actually ended up ahead of us in the
standings again this season as they have a half-dozen times in
the past eight seasons.

Egg