Walker

> That's pure b.s. I don't believe that he is rated higher than what he
> deserves. I think that most people recognize 'Toine for what he is. He
> definitely deserves to be an all-star. If not, what 2 or 3 power forwards
> belongs in there ahead of him?

Like many Antoine backers I think people tend to equate talent with actual
performance. There are many "average" talents who outplay Antoine on a
regular basis nowadays. On a day to day basis these players out play him.
Twoine can rise above and whip these guys on occasion, but often he throws up
4-17 disasters more often they do.

A few things about Twoine...that really bring him down. He doesn't defend
well at his postion, and he doesn't do your typical PF things as well as he
should. I think his injuries have really bothered him defensively and on the
boards this year.  He is carrying too much weight IMHO.

On the plus he does some guard stuff pretty well for a PF...but it is unclear
how much that helps the team actually. Sure he racks up assists but then he
racks up turnovers as well. He hits threes but accordingly rebounds less. One
poster claimed that he just "cherry-picks" the glorious parts of the game and
ignores the rest.
Sadly, I don't think this is that far from being true.

I think a guy like Tony Battie is much more of a team player... Battie can
hit three pointers..seriously. He just refrains from taking them for the good
of the team.
Anyway on to the comparison:

n the East:

Brian Grant - better defender, shoots a better percentage, runs the court
better..
Kenyon Martin - see above but a far more athletic player then Grant..

In the Central

Sharif Adur-Raheem - Folks will disagree here..but he does again rebound
better shoot a better percentage and again is more athletic. This is more of
a toss-up compared to Twoine..but he is better then people think.
Ben Wallace - sometimes credited with playing center, but often Cliff is the
true center on that team.
Jermaine O' Neal - I don't think I have have to argue this one. He is clearly
superior.

It's out west of course that he really falls short..but luckily for him he
isn't in the Western conference,
Out there Dirk, KG, Gasol, Duncan, Brand, Wallace, Webber, Amare, Malone.

This will come as a horrible insult to most Twoine backers but its not clear
he is in the top ten by position in the game. You have seven or eight guys
better out west and 3 - 5 guys better out east.

Walker is a strange nut though...and he shows more then enough skills to
warrant all-star selection... but his talent doesn't translate into actual
performance on a nightly basis. He should be a top five guy. I think he has
actually regressed though compared to last year.

It's also amazing how he manages to stay on the verge of being in NBA shape
without actually ever getting there, IMHO.

Pete