From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
Sent: 04/14/03 10:05 AM
To: "'celtics@igtc.com'" <celtics@igtc.com>
Subject: CNNSI's John Hollinger gives "Most Overrated All-Star" award  to.. . (guess who)

> This guy has some pretty good observations. Here's the full link:
<a target=_blank
href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2003/04/13/waag_0414/";>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2003/04/13/waag_0414/</a>
<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2003/04/13/waag_0414/>

I agree with his general take on Antoine, but differ on a couple of
things.
Antoine is a good passer, not great. He's not a tough defender. And he's a
"deadly force in transition" only if you mean he kills any fast break he's
part of. Definitely agree about the bricks, turnovers and empty trips,
though.

Mark

Most Overrated All-Star: Antoine Walker
<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/players/3112/>
He's a great passer and a tough defender, and a deadly force in
transition.
But between all the bricks and all the turnovers, he's also an unrivaled
empty-trip machine. Walker ran out of gas in the second half and his
numbers
crashed, but even before that it was a sad commentary on the Eastern
Conference that a guy who gets 20 points on 39 percent shooting was
selected
as one of its 12 best players.