Carmelo Anthony and other stuff

I'm wracking my brain trying to remember a freshman who so completely seized
control of an NCAA Tournament the way Anthony has this one, and the best I
can do is Pervis Ellison. But he didn't do the things Anthony is doing.

He's the type of talent the Celts would be well served to consider trading
up for. I still come down on the side against trading Antoine for Anthony,
simply because I think any Antoine trade has to fetch a power forward and
point guard. The perfect trade would be Antoine and one or both
first-rounders for a lottery pick that turned into T.J. Ford and a young
power forward (Chandler, Kwame Brown, for example). If you could land
Anthony and a PF or PG, then you'd have to consider it if you could still
address the other problem in another way.

Anyway, Anthony is unreal. He has a great feel for the game, too. He looks
like a building block player.

As for the Celts...

It should be clear to everyone that it just isn't going to happen this
season. Maybe they get lucky and match up with Detroit in the first round
and sneak into the second, but that would be an indication of a favorable
matchup (especially if Wallace is out), rather than the strength of the
Celts. They're a first-round out, and without improvement, the playoffs are
no foregone conclusion moving forward.

I thought Antoine showed yesterday that he's capable of impacting a game
even when he doesn't shoot well. Unfortunately, he only seems to show it
when he's trying to impress MJ. We lose those five good games a year next
season.

We can only hope changes are coming.

Mark