Re: A guest of honor

Asked if his public endorsement of Walker reminds him of the support Bird once
gave him, Jordan answered, ''The difference is, I listened to Larry.

''Here's the thing about Antoine. I look at him like my little brother. In
some ways, I see so much of me in him. But I also see so much defiance. He's
going to have to learn.

''I've tried to talk to him about his game, about a 6-foot-9 guy shooting
3-pointers, how that's going to leave you one-dimensional. Antoine is capable
of doing more. I've seen it. I've seen him drive to the basket, go down on the
block.

''The thing I want him to learn - and I'll stay on him forever until he does -
is to make others around him better. He's got to learn how to do that. He's
got to sacrifice parts of his game, like scoring. His ballhandling is good. He
could be a point forward, but he's got to be willing to set up as a decoy,
draw the attention, then move the ball to someone else.

''It's not too late for him. He's got great instincts. He can be a good
leader. I watched that Nets playoff game on TV last year [when Walker
addressed the Celtics in the huddle and led them back from a 21-point
third-quarter deficit]. They listen to him. But he's got to do it every single
night.

''I like Antoine. I really do. I'm going to stay on him. I won't stop.''

That is just amazing to me. Does anyone really thik Antoine will ever "get it"? If he won't listen to Jordan......
I don't even know if a real coach would even help at this point. He just has too many bad habits.