Literally Halfway there

The Celtics, in my none-too-humble opinion, proved against the Kings that
they are "halfway" where they want to be.  Mostly, the second half.  The
pressure defense, the movement of the ball on offense, and movement in
general.  If the C's had ignited even a minute or so sooner in the third
quarter, they would have won this game.

They're slowly getting the idea of moving without the ball.  I'm not going
to listen to any complaints of those accusing Pierce and/or Walker of
ball-hogging.  Too often, the recipients of their passes ended up either
taking a bad shot or turning the ball over.  Not to say that Pierce and
Walker didn't make a few bad passes to begin with, but at least they've got
the right idea.  The passes just need to be faster.

The defense in the last 5 minutes of the third quarter is what Obie has
done all but get on his knees and beg for all season long.  The C's play
like that, and they can play with anyone, and beat most.

I think that the Celtics are finally starting to heal, after the various
aches, pains, and so on that have plagued them all season.  Last year, they
were remarkably injury-free.  This year was frankly more typical of what an
NBA team faces.  No, they won't equal last year's record; but this season
isn't a record to compete for the lottery either.  They will make the
playoffs this year, despite Obie's cagey comments before tonight's game.

How will they do?  Well, I suppose I could go into a detailed analysis of
their realistic chances, but after tonight's game, even though it was a
loss, I go with my feelings.  They say "Boston Celtics, NBA Champions for
the 17th time".

So that's what I say, too.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle