Re: [Celtics' Stuff Way of the Ray from Way off the Board

	I'm starting to think that Belkin  might have been very much involved
in this  new group, but behind the scenes , so as not to spook Gaston.
Imho, Belkin and Bird join this group, if Larry is given a piece of the
deal, without putting any cash in.
	I also don't agree that Larry can't live with O'Brien,  nor that
O'Brien is necessarily a coddler. From here, Pierce and Walker both
played hard last season and Anderson was given as many minutes as his
aching knees would allow, to create. The real need may be an offensive
coordinator. 	As for Walker going, to bring us Olowakandi and Miller;
whimsical! That would give us four players making the max, or too close
to it, for almost any owner.

	JB

On Sunday, September 29, 2002, at 10:09  PM, Lance Jacobson wrote:

> For instance, if Baker is rejuvenated, and Olowokandi and.Miller become
>     available after the season, a three-team deal that sees Walker and
> others from the
>     Celtics exiting and Olowokandi and Miller arriving, would be a
> stroke of genius.>>Way of the Ray
>
> I'm a bit lost here.  Yeah, I love Larry, and he's a winner.  It would
> be wrong for him to be still active in Charlotte and pull out because
> of the sale by Gaston.  Not to say he wouldn't be great here, but even
> if Stern pulls the strings for ML Carr and his buddies to get the
> Charlotte team in place, there's no solid basketball guy on board if
> Bird bails.  And, he won't, IMO.
>
> As to keeping O'Brien here, there's no way in the world that Larry
> would allow Obie and his coddling approach to stay.  He's spoiled the
> children and taught them nothing on one end of the court, as evidenced
> by the lackluster offense, lack of development of a PG behind Kenny
> (who was effective enough to earn more minutes than any other season
> in the past 3-4 even though he can't shoot) and Bird's history of
> respecting hustle, not standing around waiting for rebounds.
>
> Who'd think that Donnie Walsh would abandon the same position in Indy
> to come here?  Not a chance, as he's an honorable guy as well, plus
> Indy's in good shape except for its coach.  Lastly, Bird is as big a
> fan of Walker as can be.  He's not going unless something goes wrong,
> and some undercap team will get Baker and two firsts before Twan goes
> under Larry.
>
> No, Bird doesn't come here this year, because the die is cast and the
> team's on its way to try the Baker Experiment.  Now, maybe in the
> Spring when things aren't going well, but this isn't the time to
> tinker, even if it's Larry in the workshop.

<image.tiff>