Re: Celtics to be sold (Really

At 01:07 PM 9/27/02 -0700, bird wrote:
>>From: Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Kestutis Kveraga)
>
>>WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>I'm pleased that I foresaw it in the aftermath of the Baker trade, only I didn't think it would happen so soon:
>>
>>This is what I wrote on July 22:
>>> this trade seems like a trade that would be made by an owner
>>> who's getting ready to sell his team in the next couple of years.
>
>Yup.  I didn't think there was any way Gaston would sell.  Coudn't be happier that I was wrong.

Ditto. And I was certainly wrong.
Does anyone know if they were getting the whole thing or just the team? Gaston split the partnership out into two parts - the team itself that had publicly traded shares and a venture capital portion that was very cash rich that Gaston almost wholly owned himself. I'm curious if the new owners get that money as well or if their letting him keep it to play with was part of why Gaston agree to sell.

Kim