Will The Celtics Draft Misan Nikagbatse?

Next year, I'm advocating the Celtics take Nissan
and Carlos Delfino (voila: a complete quality backcourt)
with their two draft picks (if they manage to actually keep
them for a change)....

Peter May
Boston Globe

Fleisher also represents a German guard named Misan Nikagbatse - and
remember that name (it's not hard, there's nothing close to it). The
Celtics know about him, and Fleisher, who represents Tony Parker as
well, said he has joked with GM Chris Wallace about the draft next year.
He expects Nikagbatse, who will turn 21 in 2003, to be made available
and said Wallace has cracked, ''I learned my lesson [with Parker]. Who's
the next one?''

Nikagbatse is the son of a Nigerian/German father and a Finnish mother.
He plays for Olympiakos in Greece, but saw little action last season.
He's hoping for more time this year - at point guard, which will be a
Celtic priority in the 2003 draft, when they could have two No. 1 picks.
Nikagbatse has NBA size for the backcourt (6 feet 4 inches, 212 pounds)
and he's also got some hops.

''He has the US-style athleticism combined with the intelligence and
skill levels which is the reason people are enamored with the
Europeans,'' Fleisher said.

''Hopefully, I will be able to play in the NBA very soon,'' Nikagbatse
said. ''That is my goal. I just have to get more playing time this
year.''

Nikagbatse should be wearing somebody's NBA hat next June when the
first-round picks are announced.