Re: Celtics fans, start your predictions!

45 wins

snoopy1@pig.net wrote:

With Rich kindly handing the reins over to ye olde beagle, I'll gladly carry on in his stead. Again, I thank him for all his hard work last season.

I'm going to make a few ground rules, just to save what's left of my sanity. Ok, Anne, stop laughing. :>)

You can make a prediction anytime up to the tip-off of the first Celtics regular season game. If, by chance, my computer has a problem, I'll extend the time for 24 hours after my access is restored. Trust me, this is Florida, anything can happen--just check out CNN. :>)

You may also CHANGE your prediction anytime up to the tip-off of the first Celtics regular season game, but if there's anyone on antidepressants, take your meds first. :>)

If you sent a prediction and you don't see it, please re-send it, and I'll correct the omission.

Beyond that, if you snooze, you lose. I'll send out an e-mail once a week reminding all of the impending deadline, and I will keep a copy of all the e-mails making predictions.

The predictions will also go on the Celtics Beagle website as they come in--I'll be updating that on an occasional basis as predictions come in. I'm not an expert webbeagle, so just smile and nod when the rather basic-looking page loads up. As I learn more, I'll do more.

You may predict the number of wins--if your addition of wins & losses exceeds 82 games, I'm going to count based on the number of WINS predicted.

You can predict if will they make the playoffs, though that doesn't count toward the official predictions--it's too convoluted otherwise. Likewise, you can predict how far will they get in the playoffs.

Unlike last season, I'm not going to send out e-mail updates after each game. Some people complained--I know, some people will complain about anything. Anyway, I'll do my level best to update the site within 12-24 hours of the end of the game. I'm sharing the machine with Mrs. Celtics Beagle, who gets testy if I don't occasionally vacate the top of the doghouse and let her online. So it may take a bit. Sometimes. I also take cookie breaks.

I've checked the site on Netscape, IE, and AOL. It should work on all three. If you're using something else, don't ask me if there's a problem viewing the page. It took me two days to figure out how to upload the page. I have a personalized copy of "HTML for Dummies--Beagle Version".

Oh--while I do have last season's predictions on the page, I don't have anything from further back. If anyone has a complete list of a previous season, I'll put it up.

If anyone has reasonable suggestions of info that they'd like to see on the site, let me know--preferably off-list, so there's less list traffic--just put "Celtics Beagle Page" in the subject header, and I'll give it extra attention.

have fun, have chocolate
Snoopy the Celtics Beagle