Re:

Bird, get over the cut-and-paste syndrome.  I am very aware of my posts, and very
aware of Pierce screwing up the whole FIBA team to the point of being forced out of
the last game --a win-able game--by the coach.  It was bothering me to see all the
fawning for Pierce on this board as the guy who wanted the world stage got it, then
tripped on it.

If I remind you of the kid who says he didn't do it, you remind me of the
starched-shirt guy who, when warned that the house next door was on fire, ignored the
fellow because he didn't recognize him from the neighborhood.

Most posters have been lauding Pierce as good for the team, and I'm Chicken Little.
Let's see if the sky is falling, or it's just those banners falling from the Fleet
Center rafters because the seats are priced too high, the corporate boxes are unsold
and the local TV revenues continue to drop.

But, I should just come on board and lurk, then pipe up that Pierce is killing the
Celts during training camp?  Not when Team USA was on the verge of collapse even as
Pierce scored 25 pts.  Get real.

Got an idea. . .  Just read one post per week of mine and by December you'll have most
of the summer stories.   I'm trying to get you thinking, Mr. Bird, but you're too busy
"harrumphing" and griping about it.  Let's talk basketball, because I WANT to spend
money on this team again, instead of talking about what's wrong with them.