Fw: more pack journalism

----- Original Message -----
From: Lance Jacobson
To: Wright, Cecil
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: more pack journalism

I honestly believe we place too much pressure on athletes to play for this
reason or that reason when there are far more important things taking place on
this continent than the results of a game or two.>>Cecil

A valid point, but insofar as the tournament takes place every four years, and
this year's event was held in the middle of our country, I don't think a daddy
would have so much trouble telling his family that he'll be gone for a month
over the summer, with maybe a weekend home in the middle of it.

Remember, most of these stars won't be asked again in four years.  McGrady and
Duncan wouldn't have been, and I can understand Shaq's medical issues (he'll
need time to heal from any surgery, but that doesn't explain Iverson, Allen,
Kobe, McDyess, Webber and a host of others who would have been ranked higher.

Yeah, the insurance is an issue.  So pay it, and be done with it.  It's every
four years.  What's the big deal?