From: Kim Malo [mailto:kimmalo@mindspring.com]
Sent: October 31, 2002 1:49 PM
To: Wright, Cecil; Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: My Bitch Is

At 12:08 PM 10/31/02 -0500, Wright, Cecil wrote (in response to Dan Forant):
>...You will flip flop like a flounder all over the place.  You
>will praise Toine on his good performances and rip him for being
>uncaptainlike when he doesn't measure up.  You'll blame Obie when we lose
>and commend him and Harter when we play well.  It is a tad predictable, no?
>Why not just wait and see how this team takes shape before you come out
>swinging.  Oh...that's right...we had the preseason and one regular season
>game.  And from that you know how the team will do.  Good thing we kept
>Delk?  Most folks wanted him shipped out for a bag o thumbtacks after last
>season.  It was generally accepted that Rogers was the contributor to our
>success, not Delk.

No, no, Cecil. This isn't like you.You're missing the awe inspiringly
hyperbolous (is that a word?) bit from the original Delk comment. This
wasn't just "good thing", this was "thank god". Y'know, like thank god
Larry could come out of traction for the playoffs, thank god Red had the
sense to swap Easy Ed for the rights to draft Russ, thank god Nellie had an
in with the rim gods before sending that championship winner bouncing high
up in the air and back down swish, thank Pierce didn't get killed in that
fight. I mean, Tony had one nice game shooting, usually passed off the ball
when the shot clock was still in the teens for a change, and was one of the
few Cs that seemed to understand a pick or screen did not mean you had to
just give up trying to guard your man. I'm happy for him, but 'Thank
god'???? For Tony Delk???? You don't pick them up by the dozen cheap at
Costco, but still...
Kim