Re: Feel me?

I would have preferred to be celebrating how we mopped the parquet
floor with Chicago last night.  But instead, here goes -

Dear Bird,

As a public figure of sorts, Josh probably wonbt even catch a cold
over this minor listerbs criticism, while you seem to have
somehow come down with pneumonia.

I donbt doubt that Josh has been a significant contributor to this
board over the years.  If he were simply an emotional poster and
not dressed in a sports writer's costume, I would not hold him
to such a high standard.

But I stand by my comments concerning the attitude expressed
in Josh's

         "If Simmons wants to make outlandish predictions,
        they should be in favor of the Celtics "

as being journalistically unprofessional.  I question how any
columnist who truly thinks that way can write in an unbiased
fashion.

Why should Simmons' predictions be termed outlandish just because
they differ from Mr. Ozersky's or yours or mine or Chris Wallace's?
If you had read Josh's remarks without your own prior bias, and if
I had refrained from expressing my own particular bias, I wouldnbt be
having to respond to your post now.  But then you and I are not paid
to be objective Celticsb columnists.

As both a basketball fan and a close relative of a current Boston sports
columnist, I realize that if you cover a beat you have to take the heat,
especially if you are courageous enough to actually tell it like it is
concerning the home team.  Nothing distresses loyal fans like yourself
more than reading about their team's warts.

I just didnbt expect one sports writer (Josh) to criticize another (Bill
Simmons) for simply being objective.

 Egg

        < ... and the opinion of many other longtime posters that
        you're a detriment to a Celtics discussion list. > - Bird

You mean  "many " longtime posters like you and your bud Lance?
Deja vu -  you guys are relentless.

        < I've perused the archives of CelticsStuff... > - Bird

Good grief.