Re: Questions That Weren't Allowed On Antoine's Chat

-Apropos to this, Walker averaged 13 shots per game in
the preseason (I think he needs to shoot more).

-It may be that the new standard by which Walker will get
trashed is his assist-turnover ratio, relative
to "traditional" point guards.

-I think the appropriate measure of proficiency is his
turnovers-to-assists on actual passes. Probably 85% of
his turnovers come while trying to score. He's a scorer.
That's what they do.

-If you want to make the counterclaim that he's just not
a talented passer compared to our point guards of recent
vintage, be my guest. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
I don't think its true at all, personally.

-The reason Antoine's rebounds are slightly down from his
early years is glaringly obvious (ask the coach why).
Holding this against Walker reveals a bias (or sheer
ignorance), which weakens the persuasiveness of the
entire post. Walker has led Boston in rebounds every year
he's been a Celtic. I keep forgetting that that is so
damn easy to do.

Overall, this kind of post unfortunately reinforces my
view --expressed years ago but not since-- that those who
hate Antoine Walker in Boston will probably always find
reasons to hate him.

People like Way have been proposing from way back that we
offload Antoine from Croshere and Best, straight up for
Van Horn, for Brian Grant. You name it. If the player in
question is "traditional" enough for Boston, that's what
we want instead.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?