playing time

I know Coach O'Brien has taken some heat for playing Walker and Pierce 40
minutes in preseason games.  The fact is, unlike other teams, these two
will HAVE to play that way all season.  It's best to get them used to it
now, rather than get three games into the regular season and find they're
not yet in good enough shape to go the distance.  There's no other way to
tell if they're good to go than to play them hard in the preseason.  And I
think it helped--Pierce got himself more under control on offense, and
Walker settled into his shot a bit more.  I would obviously have preferred
they didn't have quite so much time in preseason, but there's nothing for it.

Now, we're just about 27 hours from the Celtics' first game, and I think
they're ready to rock and roll.

Which reminds me, it's time for the Lance Jacobson CBW reminder.  :>)
Cast those predictions soon, kids!!  The time is close at paw--er,
hand.  *sigh*

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html